Sell a House in Less Than 30 Days in Philadelphia…Or Anywhere! My name is Doug and I’m a real estate investor in Philadelphia. I run a company called Signature Properties and believe me, we know how to make this happen, okay? Today, I’m gonna give you six ways to ensure that you can get this done on your own. I’m gonna have my cheat sheet here with my notes, just so I don’t miss anything and get all the information you need to do this. Before I even get into this, why would you do this, okay? What is the purpose? Is it even possible to sell your house in less than 30 days anywhere, but for me I know in Philadelphia? Okay, there’s many reasons and in the work we do we run into all kinds: there’s people who need to get out really quickly because of foreclosure, there’s people in probate and have property that they want to get rid of or get the cash from, there’s just people who just want to do this really quickly because they got a new job they’re moving they don’t want to pay two mortgages and they want to get it done fast so that they can avoid that. There’s tons of reasons and I’m not even going to get into all of them, but let me just get started here in showing you how this is done. Alright, so we have six ways that we can review here to talk about and and to get you to understand what needs to be done in order to do this.
So I’m just right here, 6 ways let’s dive into number one, alright number one the property needs to look really really nice so you have to have a very clean property. If you have to stage the property, or you have to hire a stager (you can work with your agent to do this)or if you’re working with an agent but it needs to just look really nice compared to the other properties on the MLS or the other inventory around it. If you want this to go quickly you’re probably going to need to get it under contract within the first day maybe a couple of hours in order to get this whole thing done in 30 days. So the nicer it looks the quicker it’ll go!
Okay, number two it’s got to be repaired. So let’s just write that down here so we don’t forget we can’t expect the property to go quickly if the the new buyer wants to ask to make repairs and all this can’t happen in 30 days, everybody knows that. So you gotta’ find a contractor which is a very hard thing to do these days and get that whole process started pretty quickly before you even decide to list it. It needs to be a turnkey home, move-in ready so that the buyer doesn’t have to go back and forth with you over repairs and and what-not. And in Philadelphia, especially these old rowhomes, there’s a ton of problems. That’s a lot of the reason that people sell their houses and they want to get out quickly! You need to be working with somebody who knows what they’re doing: a contractor that can move quickly and can get back to you in a reasonable time to get this going.
So number three, and this is probably the most overlooked thing that no one is doing in the six ways, okay, to sell your house in less than 30 days is you need to price AGGRESSIVELY. So you need to be thinking (forgive me these are dollar signs “$$$”), you need to be thinking whatever you and your agent agree on whatever the right price is based on comps and the agent can help you with that, I would suggest going even a little bit lower – minus five minus ten thousand dollars, to stir up immediate activity the first day it’s on the market. To get multiple offers, to go under contract in days one or two, so that you can close this within 30 days. And this is the investment you’re making for speed and convenience. You’re lowering your price to get this thing wrapped up quickly! So I even think this is the right way to price property regardless of whether you need to sell fast or not. It’s just a little bit lower than what the market is telling you, alright.
Number four, you gotta’ have a really good agent, alright. So this is super important, that your agent is on board with you to do this: to sell a house in less than 30 days in Philadelphia. Your agent is incentivized to do it, they are going to go the extra mile to do this. Not all of their clients are trying to sell their house in less than 30 days, okay, so what are the good things here:
- You need good pictures, right?
- You need a good thorough description describing the property describing that maybe you’re motivated and you’re moving and you want to sell this quickly maybe uh all the details around access to the house open houses
- You need somebody who can do really good (let’s put marketing) so this means the broker is having an open house for other brokers right to come through and look at the property and spread the word really quickly!
I can’t stress how important having a good agent is – very hard to find!
Okay, number five, okay, this is probably obvious, right, you’ve got to find a buyer less than 30 days. You got to find a buyer who can close in less than 30 days. What does that mean? It probably means that this is an all-cash offer from the buyer. If there’s mortgage, if there’s financing, any kind of contingencies around getting an appraisal from the bank it’s just not going to happen in 30 days. It’s possible. I’ve done it before. And the house I live in now we closed in 30 days, but it’s just very hard to do and you’re probably going to want to focus on getting a cash offer for the home. And again, you can get this from your agent right to put that in the description of the property description “looking for cash offers etc.”
Okay, number six, if you’re living in the house you gotta’ find another place to live! And you’re gonna have to do that in less than 30 days, right? You’re trying to get this thing done rather quickly, so as hard as you think it is to get your house sold in 30 days, you’re gonna have to be on the other end of that if you’re looking for a place to live. Okay, so that’s a pretty important one people sometimes overlook that they’re just so concerned about getting out in this 30-day time frame, right.
Okay, so here are these six ways, right, these are the most important that you need to focus on. I would say that you probably want to really hone in on these two right here pricing it right and uh getting a good agent. What we do as local investors is we have a way where if you work with us as part of our our group here, Signature Properties, right, we can help you resolve all of this okay in one step. And this is the bonus, that I might have mentioned at the beginning (I might have forgotten!), right.
Number seven is you can sell it to a local investor like myself. Okay, how does this work?
- We don’t care if the property is nice. That doesn’t really matter to us because we buy properties all the time that are a mess. Don’t stage, it’s not even a thing; it doesn’t need to be cleaned, you don’t have to worry about it, you had animals living there, you’re a smoker, it smells funny, we buy any kind of property.
- It doesn’t need to look nice, doesn’t need to be repaired at all. That’s what we do. We have good connections with contractors. We understand the city, the housing inventory, how the houses were built and we will take care of all the repairs. That will be factored into our offer that we give to you. So you don’t got to worry about getting a contractor to return your phone call in 30 days, let alone show up and give you a quote and then show up and do the work in 30 days. Not gonna happen!
- Okay, you still need the price aggressively. So you don’t you don’t lose anything there. You’re gonna need to do that: you’re paying for for the speed and convenience here. You’re still doing that with an investor.
- You don’t need an agent. So what does that mean? That means 5% or 6% back in your pocket. You don’t have to work with an agent which could be you know thousands of dollars on this transaction, so that’ll subsidize part of this up here (pricing aggressively) and you’ll still get it done in 30 days with no agent.
- Gotta’ find a buyer in 30 days. That’s us! That’s all we do, okay. We’re closing fast, quick, convenient transactions. We give you a no obligation offer in 48 hours and get the deal going really fast in less than 30 days.
- And if you’re looking for another place, maybe you need more than 30 days, maybe not, we can help you do that. We can help you find target locations, start looking, we can put you in touch with a really good realtor, okay, one who can understands the market and can get you into something quickly. Whether it’s a rental or somewhere else or if you’re moving totally out of town then we have a network of people we work with and we can help you get that done too.
Okay so what does this boil down to, right? Sell a house in less than 30 days in Philadelphia. Your best bet might be to work with an investor, okay, and it’ll take care of all these steps here and you don’t have to worry about it. You know, kind of focusing on each of these and getting all of it done. So what does this mean? This is probably new to you. This is a non-traditional way, right? You think: “I’m selling my house, I’m going to hire an agent and they’ll take care of all this look into this.” Okay, times are changing! It’s good to know all your options. And, you know, I hope this helps you think a little bit differently about help how to sell your house in less than 30 days in Philadelphia.
Or just had to sell your house. It doesn’t need to be 30 days, right!
My name is Doug. I own Signature Properties here in Philadelphia. Reach out to me, contact me, fill out a form on my website! If you’re interested in any of this, if you’d like a no obligation offer on day zero, come to us and we’ll help you out! Alright, everybody, thanks.